There is an increasing demand for eco and green chemical products, especially in consumer and specialty chemicals sectors. This demand is seen globally, and in India too.
Opportunities are present across a variety of industrial and consumer sectors that include cosmetics, fertilizers, pesticides and insecticides, greases and lubricants and more.
Market Potential & Highlights
- The global market for specialty chemicals is about $1 Trillion. Within this, EAI estimates the total value for green and eco chemicals products to be over $70 billion worldwide by 2015 and over $1 billion in India
- Demand is emerging across a wide variety of chemical industry segments – both industrial and consumer chemicals
- Significant demand for eco-friendly chemicals can be seen in the following sectors
- Consumer end-user segments
- Eco cosmetics – deodorants, perfumes, cosmetics
- Eco detergents and Eco cleaning products
- Food ingredients and additives
- Consumer packaging – especially bioplastics
- Industrial end-user segments
- Eco insecticides and eco pesticides
- Biofertilizers and other soil nutrients
- Lubricants, greases and cleaning chemicals
- Pharma ingredients
- Industrial polymers and plastics
- Consumer end-user segments
- More information on opportunities in Green Chemicals, and case studies of companies switching to green chemicals, can be found here
- Government mandates
- Consumer demand
Entrepreneurs who could consider this sector
- By background
- Chemical engineering
- By access to markets
- Have or can build relationships in the B2B sector, particularly with industries
- Ability to tap export markets
How Can EAI Assist You in Entering this Market?
EAI’s consulting team can work with you in providing you key data, insights and strategies that will enable you to understand the emerging opportunities in the green chemicals sector and take critical decisions on market entry:
- In-depth understanding of the various eco-friendly chemical product opportunities
- Profitability and financial attractiveness of the various sectors/opportunities
- Current and future demand and supply characteristics of the various product possibilities
- Key consumer segments for the prominent opportunities
- SWOT analysis for the attractive opportunities
- Technical feasibility study for manufacturing these value added products in India
- Key market players in India and worldwide, and their strengths and weaknesses
- EAI is one of the most acclaimed consulting companies in India for the renewable energy sector
- EAI’s focus is on providing market-facing and action-oriented consulting
- EAI has already successfully assisted many companies and entrepreneurs in their diversification and market entry efforts for the renewable energy sector
- Our team has exceptional industry contacts across the entire renewable energy and cleantech spectrum in India
- Our consulting team has exceptional acquaintance with the bio-based chemicals, products and solutions sector. We also operate some of the world’s leading resources on bio-products – instances are Oilgae, a leading resource for algae-based biofuels and bioproducts, and CastorOil.in, a premier web resource for castor oil based sustainable products
- Our research team has also published some of the world’s leading industry reports for bio-based value added products
- Our biotech team has also provided research and strategic consulting support to leading companies such as Reliance Industries and La Farge in their efforts in bio-based chemicals and solutions
If you are interested in taking EAI’s assistance in exploring the green chemicals product opportunities, please send a note to firstname.lastname@example.org with a brief background about yourself and your company, and we will get in touch with you.
We thank you for your interest.
EAI (Energy Alternatives India) is India’s leading renewable energy research, consulting, and catalysis firm. EAI runs India’s largest renewable energy website (Eai.in), the country’s largest renewable energy newsletter (EAI Daily) and India’s largest renewable energy community (EAI Club).
EAI’s consulting team has assisted global and Indian blue chip companies in their sustainability efforts. Our consulting clients include the World Bank, Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation, Reliance, La Farge, Vedanta, Tamil Nadu & Karnataka State Governments, MNRE, and more.
The research team has published many globally acclaimed reports across the entire sustainability spectrum. Customers for these reports include over 75 companies from Fortune 500 and over 10 from Fortune 100. The bio-division of EAI runs the world’s foremost resource on algae biofuels, Oilgae and a dedicated resource on deriving sustainable materials from castor oil, CastorOil.in
EAI is headquartered in Chennai, India.
More about EAI from www.eai.in