Lighting consumes a significant portion of a building’s electricity use, and thus provides a number of avenues for conservation/efficiency Products and solutions for energy efficient lighting thus have attractive opportunities globally, and in India too.
Opportunities are present across a variety of lighting applications – consumer lighting, industrial lighting, process lighting, automotive lighting, and more.
Market Potential & Highlights
- EAI estimates the total value for eco-lighting products and solutions to be over $45 billion worldwide by 2015 and about $1 billion in India
- Specific attractive niches for eco-lighting include the hotel and hospitality, healthcare, airline segments, IT parks, educational institutions, and factories especially industrial high-bay applications
- In India, with energy efficiency high on the agenda of many state governments, as well as the central government, energy efficient and environment friendly lighting will become as much an obligation as a need
- Eco-friendly lighting includes lighting control systems which we estimate to be a $35 million market in India by 2015
- Increase in price of electricity
- Government mandates to phase out incandescent bulbs, introduce LED street lighting
- Flexibility of LED lighting
Entrepreneurs who could consider this sector
- By background
- Electrical engineering & IT
- By access to markets
- Opportunities are present both in the retail segment as well as industrial and commercial sectors
How Can EAI Assist You in Entering this Market?
EAI’s consulting team can work with you in providing you key data, insights, and strategies that will enable you to understand the emerging eco-lighting market much better and take critical decisions on market entry:
- In-depth understanding of the various product and solution opportunities for energy efficient and environment friendly lighting
- Profitability and financial attractiveness of the various sectors/opportunities
- Current and future demand and supply characteristics of the various product possibilities
- Key consumer segments for the prominent opportunities
- SWOT analysis for the attractive opportunities
- Technical feasibility study for manufacturing these value added products in India
- Key market players in India and worldwide, and their strengths and weaknesses
- EAI is one of the most acclaimed consulting companies in India for the renewable energy sector
- EAI’s focus is on providing market-facing and action-oriented consulting
- EAI has already successfully assisted many companies and entrepreneurs in their diversification and market entry efforts for the renewable energy sector
- Our team has exceptional industry contacts across the entire renewable energy and cleantech spectrum in India
- Our consulting team has exceptional acquaintance working with corporates on a wide range of energy efficiency and sustainable energy assignments. We have worked with large multinationals assisting them in exploring energy and environmental alternatives to make their buildings green, both for greenfield building projects and for existing building infrastructure
If you are interested in taking EAI’s assistance in exploring the eco-lighting product and solution opportunities, please send a note to firstname.lastname@example.org with a brief background about yourself and your company, and we will get in touch with you.
We thank you for your interest.
EAI (Energy Alternatives India) is India’s leading renewable energy research, consulting, and catalysis firm. EAI runs India’s largest renewable energy website (Eai.in), the country’s largest renewable energy newsletter (EAI Daily) and India’s largest renewable energy community (EAI Club).
EAI also runs the world’s first museum dedicated to sustainability, the Suseum, the world’s largest solar energy network, Poztz, and a global online cleantech researcher’s network, CleanTick.
EAI’s consulting team has assisted global and Indian blue chip companies in their sustainability efforts. Our consulting clients include the World Bank, Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation, Reliance, La Farge, Vedanta, Tamil Nadu & Karnataka State Governments, MNRE, and more.
The research team has published many globally acclaimed reports across the entire sustainability spectrum. Customers for these reports include over 75 companies from Fortune 500 and over 10 from Fortune 100. The bio-division of EAI runs the world’s foremost resource on algae biofuels, Oilgae and a dedicated resource on deriving sustainable materials from castor oil, CastorOil.in
EAI is headquartered in Chennai, India.
More about EAI from www.eai.in