One of India’s top wind OEMs and turnkey solution providers was contemplating a foray into the solar inverter space. The objectives of the assignment were:
- To help identify and understand the optimal market access routes and approaches.
- To assist in the development of an attractive product offering.
To visualize the growth and evolution of the solar PV and inverter market, data on the following aspects was compiled, collated and analysed.
Inferences drawn were studied in conjunction with critical inputs on:
- Typical buyer contracts
- Buy decision drivers
- Existing product market shortcomings
- Inverter technology preferences
- Available market access channels
To arrive at attractive product offerings to take to the market.
The inverter has been introduced in the market and a small local manufacturing unit has been established with a pilot project slated to come online in the near future.