Are you keen on starting a business in clean technology or renewable energy? This boot camp will help you take the first steps.
Only 5 seats left!
Radisson Blu Hotel Chennai
Book your seat quickly!
Call or SMS CB to 09677231570
- Uncover little known attractive business opportunities
- Meet experts who have already succeeded in cleantech business
- Meet peers who could make excellent business partners for you
Cleantech Opportunities that no one is talking about!
Introducing Clean Boot – EAI’s Cleantech Entrepreneurship Boot Camp
With sustainability, cleantech and renewable energy becoming important imperatives world over, there is little surprise that there are a number of new and interesting business opportunities emerging across the entire cleantech domain.
Many entrepreneurs and aspiring entrepreneurs in India are also keen to explore opportunities in this domain.
Many however have a need for more information, market intelligence, and professional connections before they could undertake their first steps.
To help these entrepreneurs, EAI will be organizing regular Cleantech Entrepreneurship Boot Camps (Clean Boots) starting Jan 2014.
Objectives of Clean Boot
The key objectives of these boot camps are:
- Sensitize the entrepreneurs to the range of opportunities available
- Enable them to appreciate the key characteristics of these opportunities
- Help them in devising strategies for products and/or markets
- Provide a platform where they can interact with some truly successful cleantech entrepreneurs
- Provide inputs on funding/financial assistance opportunities available
- Facilitate extensive networking between the various participants
Agenda and Entry Fee
Each Clean Boot will be a one-day program, with small groups (max 25 members) in order to facilitate extensive networking and interactions.
Broadly, the agenda for the 18-Jan will be
||Presentations/perspectives from successful cleantech entrepreneurs
- Ravi S – Director, Hybrid Solutions India Pvt Ltd
- Will share his perspectives on Energy Efficient Cooling and prospects for the future
- Sam Cherian Kumbukattu – MD, Schevaran Laboratories
- Will speak on Eco-friendly chemicals, and the progress of the cleantech industry
- Mathew Jose – Founder & Director, Paperman
- Will elaborate on opportunities in recycling, and what it takes to be a cleantech entrepreneur
- Dhruv Futnani* – MD, Green by Dhruv Futnani
- Will speak on niche opportunities in Green Buildings and the outlook for cleantech entrepreneurs
||Strategy Presentations/Perspectives from EAI and other industry experts. Discussions and strategic analysis of commercial viability, market growth, case studies, and competitive overview for
- Algae Products
- Castor Oil Derivatives
- Green Building Materials
- Sustainable Furniture
- Sustainable Heating and Cooling
- Eco-friendly home products (green detergents, etc.)
- Green Cosmetics
- Green Textiles/Apparel
- Sustainable Transportation
- Energy Control and Monitoring
- Smart Grids
- Solar Thermal manufacturing
- Waste Heat to Energy/Cogeneration
- Industrial Waste Water Treatment
- Water Conservation and Monitoring
- Cleantech Education & Training
- Fuel Cells
- Organic Farming/Food
||Q&A/brief presentations from participants
- Each participant shares their areas of interest and perspectives
||Custom networking between participants
The first Clean Boot will be held in Chennai at the Radisson Blu Hotel Chennai (just 3 kms from Chennai Airport; map)
18-Jan-2014, 9.30 AM – 5.00 PM
There will be an entry fee of Rs. 4,000 for each participant – this includes lunch and refreshments.
|By Bank wire transfer
||By Credit Card
Account Number: 921357524
Clixoo Solutions Private Limited
Indian Bank, Uthamar Gandhi Salai, Chennai 600034, Tamilnadu, India
SWIFT Code: IDIBINBBMAS;
IFSC – IDIB000N061
You can pay using Indian Credit cards/ Debit cards/ Net Banking/ Cash Cards/ Mobile Banking
Each Clean Boot will have a maximum of 25 participants, first-come first-served. If you are interested, do send a note to firstname.lastname@example.org with the title Clean Boot Participation.
Participating delegates for the first CleanBoot come from multiple sectors, including
- Waste Management
- Organic Fertiliser
- Energy Conservation
- Diesel power
- Solar energy
- Water treatment
- Online services
Participating delegates come from a variety of companies including
- Banyan Energy
- Contura Solar
- Megha Renewables
- Indo Eco Ventures
- Shriram Power
- Renew Power Plus
The sustainability industry is the world’s fastest growing business sector. Not just globally, where the sector’s revenues could top $4 trillion this year, but also in India, where EAI estimates that the total sector could have revenues of over $165 billion!
With both central and state governments providing increasing policy support (e.g., the National Solar Mission), we expect these industries to see sustained growth in future. Many domains within cleantech also have export potential (e.g., organic foods) making them very attractive to entrepreneurs.
Finally, many technologies within cleantech are at a nascent stage, providing opportunities for smaller entrepreneurs whose speed and flexibility allows them to quickly tap emerging markets.
Each Clean Boot will have a maximum of 25 participants, first-come first-served. Hence, if you are interested, please quickly send a note to email@example.com with the title CleanBoot Participation, or call or SMS ‘CB’ to 09677231570.
18-Jan-2014 (only 5 seats left!)
Entry Fee: Rs. 4,000
A few success stories from the world of cleantech, showcasing the possibilities in niche domains.
Company: Exhibitions India Ltd’s Renewable Energy India expo
Headquarters: New Delhi
Status: The Renewable Energy India series of fairs was acquired by UBM for Rs. 50 crore.
Company: Green India Building Systems and Services (GIBSS)
Status:Started with Rs. 60 lakhs in 2008 and has grown by 600%. Raised Rs. 2 crore from Hyderabad Angels in 2012.