With the increasing prices of fossil fuels such as LPG, Furnace Oil and Diesel, industrial enterprises who use these fuels for their heating are finding themselves increasingly at risk of unaffordable energy costs.
With significant innovations happening on the solar thermal technology frontier, solar thermal in its different variants is becoming increasingly feasible to be used as an alternative to fossil fuels for medium temperature heating, up to about 200°C.
For a large scale user of furnace oil or LPG, solar thermal is thus an interesting alternative to be explored.
Market Potential & Highlights
- ‘EAI estimates that solar thermal based heating and cooling could save over 50% of energy costs incurred by consuming fossil fuels such as LPG and furnace oil’
- Solar thermal technology, through the concentrating solar thermal, can provide temperatures upto 200°C
- A number of industries, especially food, beverages, diary, laundry, textile, timber, marine, horticulture and process industries, can start using solar thermal for their heating/cooling needs
- In India, there are a number of vendors who are today offering medium temperature solar thermal solutions based on CST route
- The emergence of light-weight medium-temperature solutions that can be installed on pre-fab roofs is set to significantly expand the market
- High cost of fossil fuels used for heating, such as LPG, Furnace Oil, and Diesel
- Improvements in solar thermal technology
Entrepreneurs who could consider this sector
- By background
- By access to markets
- Ability to build relationships with industries that use medium-temperature process heat
How Can EAI Assist You in Entering this Market?
EAI’s consulting team can work with you in providing you key data, insights, and strategies that will enable you to take critical decisions on the use of solar thermal solutions for your operations to reduce consumption of fossil fuels:
- In-depth understanding of the various technology and process options available within solar thermal – current and next generation solar water heaters, concentrating solar thermal, and more
- financial attractiveness of the various solar thermal avenues
- Economic comparison for the use of solar thermal vs. use of fossil fuels for your operations
- Technical feasibility study for specific solar thermal solutions
- Identification of key vendors/technology providers in India and evaluating them
- EAI is one of the most acclaimed consulting companies in India for the renewable energy sector
- EAI’s focus is on providing market-facing and action-oriented consulting
- EAI has already successfully assisted many companies and entrepreneurs in their diversification and market entry efforts for the renewable energy sector
- Our team has exceptional industry contacts across the entire renewable energy and cleantech spectrum in India
- Our consulting team has exceptional acquaintance working with corporates on a wide range of energy efficiency and sustainable energy assignments. We have worked with large multinationals assisting them in exploring energy and environmental alternatives to make their buildings green, both for greenfield building projects and for existing building infrastructure
- We have advised several companies in incorporating solar thermal solutions in their energy mix
Get in touch with our consulting team by sending brief details of your requirements and profile
If you are interested in taking EAI’s assistance in exploring the use of solar thermal for your company’s heating and cooling energy needs, please send a note to firstname.lastname@example.org with a brief background about yourself and your company, and we will get in touch with you.
We thank you for your interest.
EAI (Energy Alternatives India) is India’s leading renewable energy research, consulting, and catalysis firm. EAI runs India’s largest renewable energy website (Eai.in), the country’s largest renewable energy newsletter (EAI Daily) and India’s largest renewable energy community (EAI Club).
EAI’s consulting team has assisted global and Indian blue chip companies in their sustainability efforts. Our consulting clients include the World Bank, Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation, Reliance, La Farge, Vedanta, Tamil Nadu & Karnataka State Governments, MNRE, and more.
The research team has published many globally acclaimed reports across the entire sustainability spectrum. Customers for these reports include over 75 companies from Fortune 500 and over 10 from Fortune 100. The bio-division of EAI runs the world’s foremost resource on algae biofuels, Oilgae and a dedicated resource on deriving sustainable materials from castor oil, CastorOil.in
EAI is headquartered in Chennai, India.
More about EAI from www.eai.in