With energy efficiency and conservation becoming critical across industrial sectors, solutions for cogeneration of heat and power, especially using waste industry energy present exciting opportunities globally, and in India.
Opportunities are present across a variety of industrial sectors that consume large amounts of energy– manufacturing, engineering, process industries, food, metals, refineries, cement, and more.
Market Potential & Highlights
- EAI estimates the total savings possible through cogeneration/CHP could be as high as 50% on the energy bill for select industries
- Industries that have excellent potential for using cogeneration/CHP opportunities include sugar, distilleries, food, process chemical industries, metals and cement industries, paper and pulp, glass, refineries
- While there are conventional cogeneration solutions possible, new ideas operating on innovative concepts such as Stirling engine and Organic Rankine Cycles have good potential to expand the reach of cogeneration
- Some cogeneration plants can payback as quickly as2 years and IRR of 50%
- Cogeneration can be particularly useful in applications like refineries
- Increasing prices of fossil fuels, furnace oil/LPG
- Increasing technical and economic feasibility of renewable and sustainable solutions
- Initiatives by industrial sectors to make their operations go green
Entrepreneurs who could consider this sector
- By background
- Engineering project management
- By access to markets
- Having or building networks with the manufacturing sector, particularly heavy industries
- Willingness to travel to remote factory sites
How Can EAI Assist You in Entering this Market?
EAI’s consulting team can work with you in providing you key data, insights and strategies that will enable you to take critical decisions on market entry:
- In-depth understanding of the various cogeneration solution opportunities
- Financial attractiveness of the various sectors/opportunities
- Key industrial segments for cogeneration/CHP solutions
- SWOT analysis for the attractive opportunities
- Study of existing and evolving technology solutions for efficient cogeneration
- Key vendors in India and worldwide, and their strengths and weaknesses
- EAI is one of the most acclaimed consulting companies in India for the renewable energy sector
- EAI’s focus is on providing market-facing and action-oriented consulting
- EAI has already successfully assisted many companies and entrepreneurs in their diversification and market entry efforts for the renewable energy sector
- Our team has exceptional industry contacts across the entire renewable energy and cleantech spectrum in India
- Our consulting team has excellent acquaintance with the energy efficiency and green buildings sector, and have worked on prestigious assignments in the domains of industrial energy efficiency, utilization of industrial waste heat, industrial green building materials, and more
If you are interested in taking EAI’s assistance in exploring business opportunities in cogeneration/CHP solutions, please send a note to email@example.com with a brief background about yourself and your company, and we will get in touch with you.
We thank you for your interest.
EAI (Energy Alternatives India) is India’s leading renewable energy research, consulting, and catalysis firm. EAI runs India’s largest renewable energy website (Eai.in), the country’s largest renewable energy newsletter (EAI Daily) and India’s largest renewable energy community (EAI Club).
EAI also runs the world’s first museum dedicated to sustainability, the Suseum, the world’s largest solar energy network, Poztz, and a global online cleantech researcher’s network, CleanTick.
EAI’s consulting team has assisted global and Indian blue chip companies in their sustainability efforts. Our consulting clients include the World Bank, Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation, Reliance, La Farge, Vedanta, Tamil Nadu & Karnataka State Governments, MNRE, and more.
The research team has published many globally acclaimed reports across the entire sustainability spectrum. Customers for these reports include over 75 companies from Fortune 500 and over 10 from Fortune 100. The bio-division of EAI runs the world’s foremost resource on algae biofuels, Oilgae and a dedicated resource on deriving sustainable materials from castor oil, CastorOil.in
EAI is headquartered in Chennai, India.
More about EAI from www.eai.in