Bioremediation refers to the use of biological materials (usually micro-organisms) to control/remediate environmental pollution – air and/or water pollution.
With environmental sustainability becoming a critical area of concern across all industrial sectors, bioremediation solutions present exciting opportunities globally, and in India. Opportunities are present especially for waste water remediation, across a variety of industrial sectors that include pharmaceuticals, chemicals, food and more.
Market Potential & Highlights
- EAI estimates the total value for bioremediation products and solutions to be over $25 billion worldwide by 2015 and over $1.5 billion in India
- Key industries where bioremediation is becoming an increasingly critical need are textiles, leather, petrochemicals, food, pharmaceuticals, paper & pulp, agriculture, and distilleries
- A number of technologies and processes are emerging for bioremediation
- Regulations and mandates, especially by pollution control boards and related entities will also spur the growth in the use of bioremediation technologies
- While currently the wastewater treatment sector is the dominant user of bio-remediation, possibilities are emerging for remediation of all three major types of pollutants – solid, liquid, and air pollutants
Entrepreneurs who could consider this sector
- By access to markets– Having or building networks with many large industries, particularly those with heavy water requirements and/or are classified as polluting industries
- Willingness to travel to remote factory sites
How Can EAI Assist You in Entering this Market?
EAI’s consulting team can work with you in providing you key data, insights, and strategies that will enable you to understand this sector much better and take critical decisions on market entry:
- In-depth understanding of the various product and solution opportunities in the bio-remediation sector
- Profitability and financial attractiveness of the various sectors/opportunities
- Current and future demand and supply characteristics of the various product possibilities
- Key consumer segments for the prominent opportunities
- SWOT analysis for the attractive opportunities
- Technical feasibility study for manufacturing products/solutions in India
- Key market players in India and worldwide, and their strengths and weaknesses
- EAI is one of the most acclaimed consulting companies in India for the renewable energy sector
- EAI’s focus is on providing market-facing and action-oriented consulting
- EAI has already successfully assisted many companies and entrepreneurs in their diversification and market entry efforts for the renewable energy sector
- Our team has exceptional industry contacts across the entire renewable energy and cleantech spectrum in India
- Our biotech team has exceptional acquaintance with the bio-based products and solutions sector, as we also operate one of the world’s premier algae products and algae bio-remediation web resources, Oilgae. Our team has also published some of the world’s leading industry reports for algae based bio-remediation
- Our biotech team has also provided research and strategic consulting support to leading companies such as Reliance Industries and La Farge in their efforts in using next generation bioremediation technologies and processes
If you are interested in taking EAI’s assistance in exploring the bioremediation product and solution opportunities, please send a note to firstname.lastname@example.org with a brief background about yourself and your company, and we will get in touch with you.
We thank you for your interest.
EAI (Energy Alternatives India) is India’s leading renewable energy research, consulting, and catalysis firm. EAI runs India’s largest renewable energy website (Eai.in), the country’s largest renewable energy newsletter (EAI Daily) and India’s largest renewable energy community (EAI Club).
EAI also runs the world’s first museum dedicated to sustainability, the Suseum, the world’s largest solar energy network, Poztz, and a global online cleantech researcher’s network, CleanTick.
EAI’s consulting team has assisted global and Indian blue chip companies in their sustainability efforts. Our consulting clients include the World Bank, Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation, Reliance, La Farge, Vedanta, Tamil Nadu & Karnataka State Governments, MNRE, and more.
The research team has published many globally acclaimed reports across the entire sustainability spectrum. Customers for these reports include over 75 companies from Fortune 500 and over 10 from Fortune 100. The bio-division of EAI runs the world’s foremost resource on algae biofuels, Oilgae and a dedicated resource on deriving sustainable materials from castor oil, CastorOil.in
EAI is headquartered in Chennai, India.
More about EAI from www.eai.in